National Day of Relaxation
Finding inner zen is serious business. I am not a master of meditation nor am I therapist, but I do know what stress does to the body. More importantly how it can affect your waistline, your mood and your cravings!
Life is stressful! No one has it all together, we all have our moments. Whether it's work, home, health, family, friends - things get crazy. The stress of it all weighs heavily on our bodies (pun intended).
Stress can cause increased appetite or poor blood sugar (highs and lows), which can lead to cravings. Cravings can cause further problems with your blood sugar, increased stress hormones such as cortisol, and weight gain. Many find that this stress weight goes right to the waistline!
When the mind doesn’t stop spinning before bed, and you can’t get to sleep, your stress has effectively compromised your sleep health on top of everything else! Poor sleep can cause all of the problems that stress does, compounding all of the above (times two!) plus more intense cravings, a poor ability to handle stress, and then pair that with mood swings.
So, how can we unwind, get some relaxation, and foster healthier bodies so we have fewer stress-related issues?
I am definitely the gal that loves to unwind with a hot cup of tea, guided meditation (since I haven’t mastered that yet), or a really good sweat sesh to balance my life and combat the stress. But sometimes life doesn’t allow for those activities in the middle of the work day!
One of my favorite ways to combat stress and support a healthy stress response is with a little amino acid known as L-Theanine. Not all L-Theanine is created equal, it is important to seek out the most well-studied & researched L-Theanine (trademarked Suntheanine®).*
So why L-Theanine and how does it work?
100% L-Theanine in the form of Suntheanine® has been shown to support Alpha Brain Waves. These specific brain waves are supportive of relaxation and a calming feeling without drowsiness. In fact, studies show it may support mental alertness and focus during this calm state of relaxation (BONUS)!
L-theanine has been shown to support production of relaxation-promoting neurotransmitters in the brain such as GABA and Serotonin (the feel-good hormone)!*
All of the reasons above regarding how L-Theanine works in our systems, are why we have taken the time to put 200mg of L-Theanine in the form of Suntheanine® into each of our No Worries capsules!
Why we love our No Worries and when we use it most:
- Stressful days, they happen
- Long or overloaded work days (I keep my No Worries on my desk at all times)! I love my clients and JMN, but like anything else things can get stressful. I love that I can feel a bit calmer and support a healthy/normal stress response while also staying focused at work!*
- Family Stress (Social Stressors). This can take just as much of a toll as work stressors.
- I don’t need to take No Worries every day for it to support me! I can take 1 capsule when I am feeling the stress, and I want that calming zen feeling. (I don’t suggest more than 2 capsules daily).*
- Many people love to use L-Theanine when their mind is racing before bed. If they are exhausted physically, but can’t get the mind to stop running in circles... No Worries may be supportive in this situation. It won’t make you drowsy, but it can support that calmness through supporting those Alpha Brain Waves! #SCORESLEEP *
Can’t wait to hear how much you love your No Worries! I am here to support you! Feel free to email or call with questions.
I do suggest if you are combatting stress at a high level that you consider speaking with a therapist or a specialist in meditation.
Suntheanine® L-Theanine is Patented and Licensed by Taiyo International, Inc.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.